Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Princess Testimony Meeting


Apparently this is how the princesses run their testimony meeting. 

I'm sitting on the couch Sunday morning feeding Ainsley as my sweet girl, Hadley, is playing princesses on the end table. She has her princesses going up to a frame easel that we have on the end table and as they go to the easel they have a turn. This is what I hear first:

"I don't like to bear my testimony. I don't know it's true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

Wow. A testimony meeting? Kind of a negative one though, don't ya think? HAHA! I perk up to see if I heard right. That princess leaves the easel and another princess says to her, "Thank you for your testimony." And another princess, "Thank you for your testimony." I am laughing so much inside. Then another princess approaches,

"I love to bear my testimony. I know it's true. I need a drink."

"Thank you for your testimony. Thank you for your testimony."

Then another,

"I would like to bear my testimony. I don't know it's true. …(something I don't understand)…Castle."

"Thank you for your testimony. Thank you for your testimony."

The testimony meeting was still going on when I went upstairs to tell Tim about our sweet daughter.

I love being a MOM!!!!!!!! 

On a more serious note, it is amazing to hear what she is picking up on! I would never have thought she had heard anything in the few testimony meeting where kids have spoken, although all the kids she's heard have said they DO know the church is true…yet I'm so proud she has thought through the fact that each princess has to come to a testimony on their own and some princesses might know it's true and other princesses might not yet! Impressive right! I hope she always knows it's true before she bears her testimony. 

It IS true!!

We love this girl!!!

3 comments:

alli said...

That's too cute--thanks for sharing!

Meridee said...

Sounds like darling Hadley. Love and Miss Her!

Lindsay & Josh said...

That made me laugh really hard! I love princess testimony meetings!