Thursday, December 31, 2009

Three Strikes Your Out

I'm in pain in my brain and heart right now as I think about this. I feel absolutely torn. That checklist item, "Write and Send out Christmas Cards" has been on the list for two months. I decided earlier that I wouldn't do Christmas Cards this year because I had just sent out baby announcements. I make decisions and try to tell myself to stick to them, but then continue to doubt myself, and then continue to leave those items on my list because I just can't bear to take them off. This is where I go wrong. But in truth, I could erase them, then write them back in again. And that would be counterproductive. As if my constant indecision is not.

So here at the end of 2009, as I continue to think of people that won't be hearing from us, aren't bloggers, won't get an update, and might not feel loved. OR...what about those people that think they didn't make the Christmas card list this year but yet made it all those years in the past? Oh come on, Candice. Is it really that consequential? Back where I was, here at the end of 2009, I have decided to make a blog post declaring that I have struck out on my Christmas Card attempt, and hope that my blog post will fill my To Do list hunger enough that I'll be able to take the "Write and Send Christmas Card" item off of my list, and NOT put it back on. Til next year that is.

The excuse I propose, hoping it will be strong enough to "let go" of my Christmas Card endeavor:

Which family picture is Christmas Card and Friends' Fridge worthy to print and mail out to all our dear ones this year?

Picture one.



We love this picture. A great professional pic of the fam...BUT...Hadley is one week old here. She's now six months old. That won't do.

STRIKE ONE!

Picture Two.



I love this picture, it's okay, Trent isn't looking at the camera though, and has a knife in his hand. And it's not like we were preparing for a picture to send to the world this day.

Picture Three.

Our attempt to take a picture with our camera sitting on top of a chair using the camera's timer. I think it's self-explanatory when considering our son why what we have here is

STRIKE TWO!



In my attempt to try for the Christmas Card pic, we tried for a shot in front of the tree. One has Tim's head cut off. And in neither are we all looking. (I know my standards are high.)



STRIKE THREE! You're out!

...

Did it work? Will I take "Send out Christmas Cards off my list?"

Uh...

Keep an eye on your mailbox.

3 comments:

Meradith said...

My favorite is the second to the bottom! They are all so cute though.

Take it off your list. For the love, take it off! Remember you are in search of the simple life?

alli said...

I was going to write exactly what Meradith wrote--you are done! Also, they really all are so cute, and the second to last is my fav. The only one I'd consider a strike is when Trent is so sad (though he looks adorable like that).

Your a tough umpire. I wouldn't want to bat if you were calling, though I'd love to be the pitcher! :) JK See you soon!!!! Literally!!! YAY!

stephasauri said...

I'm am totally the same way! I always worry about hurting people's feelings and not meeting my own expectations. It is hard to take things off the list.