Thursday, March 5, 2009

Celine


I don't know what to say or where to start, but my Celine Dion experience was more than I could have wished for before the concert even started. I don't know if I can even make this post.

I've shared the full details with a few of you, but here I've decided to be brief (though I don't mind gushing out my full story to anyone who requests).

So here it is:

A pregnancy potty run led me down an obscure hall where no one else was. Suddenly I overheard Celine doing sound check! (The emotions and tears started with just that, I would have been high off of that alone for years!) And THEN!, I was in the hallway when she exited the arena and walked right past me! As if that wasn't enough to send my little heart into palpitations (I was crying so hard I was basically hyperventilating and couldn't get words out to explain to Tim what had just happened), Tim and I were THEN greeted by Celine's husband Rene (Tim and I were the only ones in the hallway he had just entered), and Rene's advisor gave me a tap on the elbow, a wink and a smile (probably in the gesture of 'I see you're a fan. You're sweet.' and quite possibly also a 'Thank you for not mauling Rene'), and then Rene walked passed us again, looked at Tim and I, smiled, nodded and said hi.

You may ask, 'So did you run up to them? What happened next?!?' And the answer is, I'm just not the kind of fan that runs up to the people I love and admire. I stand, admire, and try to act as normal as possible. So we took the run-ins nobly. We done well. But yes, afterward, I cried off and on for 60 minutes, not believing what had just happened to me.


Thank you Paula, Aubrey, and Meradith, for understanding the depth of the meaning these experiences were for me.

It's okay, the rest of you can chuckle at my silliness. It's really okay. I've accepted how I am with this.

Due to another pregnancy potty break, I was right next to Celine AGAIN when she entered the arena, and was the first to see her (since I was anticipating her arrival after putting my brains and my knowledge of Celine's entrances together and solving the entrance mystery). Lucky for the gay guys next to me, I told them about the mystery I had solved and it was them that I grabbed and screamed with when she made her entrance. (Now that it was a whole arena in the room with her, and not just me and her, I decided screaming and cheering and going ballistic was now totally appropriate.)

She was amazing, everything I'd dreamt of: genuine, silly, funny, apologetic for postponing the concert, cute, quirky, appreciative, spontaneous, everything that left me empty at her concerts in Vegas.

It was everything and then some. Wonderful.



















This is a picture we took of Tim and I when she sang "I'm Your Angel," which is the song of our "First Dance" as husband and wife.




We kept an eye on her husband throughout the concert. Tim and I found him in the arena even though he wasn't announced as having been there, and every so often she'd gesture or say something "in code" to him and we were able to pick up on the clues. It was fun.




We had great seats. She was so close it really felt like we were in her living room, and sometimes it even felt awkward if she would make eye contact with us as she sang...Agh! You see us! Agh!





















And lucky, Lucky, LUCKY YOU ARE, because here below I have brought you a clip of her concert I saved on my camera. Lucky Lucky LUCKY YOU!!!




Here's a picture of the fam in Vail, we stayed with my Aunt Jeanette and her family there until the concert. It was so great to be with them! I'm so sad we didn't get pictures with them. :(



P.S. As requested, I am finally posting some new haircut pics.







6 comments:

Kristen Duarte said...

I love the haircut!! It looks really good on you! I'm looking for a cute short hair cut too as it's time to donate my hair again (12 inches) to "Locks of Love" Did you find a style you liked online or a magazine?

Natalie Sue said...

Oh! I'm so glad you had an awesome time! And I love your haircut!

Meradith said...

Wow. I feel so priviledged to have heard this story first hand. I had goose bumps! Next time you run into her promise you will say hi to her for me. I didn't tell you this but Celine and I go way back. haha. So glad you had a great date night with fabulous Tim! Your hair looks great by the way! So cute!!

Nordhoff Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I am happy you were able to go! Our blog is thenordys.blogspot.com

Aubrey said...

I love Celine!! Even though I heard your story first-hand, it was still fun to read all about it on your blog. I do wish I could have been there with you, but maybe fate wouldn't have brought us down the hall for that potty break. Who knows. And I love your hair. You look beautiful.

Life with the Warrens said...

your hair is fantastic!! super cute preggy mommy! and i love this post. i remember the first time i asked you about miss celine and you told me to just try NOT to understand it and just love you the same anyways. it makes me want to listen to her a bit more to see what all the fuss is about. by the way she had great hair that night. i am so glad that you didn't freak out with your little encounters in the hallway!