Question: How does a person with OCD tendencies, namely myself, survive spring cleaning?...
while pregnant?...
Forget spring cleaning! Can I just get these boxes unpacked!?!?!?!?! Ever!?!?!?!
Thus the following:
...................................................................................................................................................................
"Trent, I think it's time you and I hold a little meeting."
"Trent? Can you stop walking away so we can hold a little meeting?"
"Ok. Trent. Mommy is having a hard time cause she is feeling like she is getting nothing done...and it's really hard on mommy."
Trent hands me one Mega Lego.
I put out my hand to receive it.
Trent adds another mega lego on top, then another, then another. Now we have a tower.
Trent looks at mom like, 'See mom. Now we built a tower. See mom, we got something done.' Trent sweetly smiles. A sweet smile that hits right to the heart.
Mom, now with heart of goo, starts thinking.
'Now how could we save time? I could kiss Trent 999 times a day, instead of 1000. Trent could stop eating. And pooping. And I could stop showering. Then maybe we'd have some time?'
'No. That's not right. That's not gonna work.'
Well, here we have a Mega Lego tower. Glad we got that done.
while pregnant?...
Forget spring cleaning! Can I just get these boxes unpacked!?!?!?!?! Ever!?!?!?!
Thus the following:
...................................................................................................................................................................
"Trent, I think it's time you and I hold a little meeting."
"Trent? Can you stop walking away so we can hold a little meeting?"
"Ok. Trent. Mommy is having a hard time cause she is feeling like she is getting nothing done...and it's really hard on mommy."
Trent hands me one Mega Lego.
I put out my hand to receive it.
Trent adds another mega lego on top, then another, then another. Now we have a tower.
Trent looks at mom like, 'See mom. Now we built a tower. See mom, we got something done.' Trent sweetly smiles. A sweet smile that hits right to the heart.
Mom, now with heart of goo, starts thinking.
'Now how could we save time? I could kiss Trent 999 times a day, instead of 1000. Trent could stop eating. And pooping. And I could stop showering. Then maybe we'd have some time?'
'No. That's not right. That's not gonna work.'
Well, here we have a Mega Lego tower. Glad we got that done.






5 comments:
ha i love this! making a tower takes time and practice. maybe you should do one again today instead of dusting and cleaning. trent will remember the tower not the clean house! that being said i have to go and fold laundry right now.
That sounds like a full day to me :) You are such a good mommy.
they grow too fast to worry about any OCD tendencies you may have... that's coming from an OCD mother herself:)
you are a great mommy with great priorities. Trent and baby girl to come are both so lucky to have you:)
I feel your pain! Maybe I should try the meeting idea. Looks like it worked for you!
no word from ATK. i guess it is not right for us. we are just rolling with the punches. one more year and then jeremy can atleast transfer out of this office and into others around the U.S. patience is a virtue!
Post a Comment