Saturday, August 4, 2012

When Nana Calder Came

When Nana Calder came, it was so wonderful. The kids loved having her and after she left they would cry and say, "Where's Nana?"

Mom let me sleep in everyday so I could catch up on sleep. The kids got fed and clothed, which is more than I can say for my own mothering at present. She read them stories and played games with them and gave them the attention they sorely needed.





Last time Nana came, she took Trent on a date. So this time it was Hadley's turn. Hadley put on her "princess" (that means a dress) and got her purse and pink shoes and was ready to go on her date with Nana. She was so happy driving away in Nana's car on their very own date. I love these pictures.




As part of their date, Hadley and Nana went shopping and Hadley was able to pick out her own birthday present. A princess Rapunzel with her "Kingdom"! (Kingdom means prince, she always tells me my "Kingdom" is home when Daddy gets home from work, and tells us Trent is her kingdom and she talks about marrying him all the time. I used to do the same with my brother, Curt.) Trent and I met Hadley and Nana at McDonald's after their date. It was funny cause one girl saw Hadley with her princess dolls and told her dad, "I want to get the Happy Meal that comes with that!"




For Hadley's birthday, Nana and Grandpa got her a book about Rapunzel the hero, a girl with long red hair. It reminded Nana of Hadley. Hadley loved reading it with Nana. Nana is a great story teller.








0 comments: