Friday, August 31, 2012

Spiders for Dessert

Every once in a while I decide it might be fun to try to be a super cool mom.

Making fun and creative desserts is not who I naturally am. And it's just not what makes me giddy. But some moms are amazing at this stuff! So I thought I'd try being a different kind of mom for a moment and made my kids these spider cookies. My babysitter, Kaye, made them once for her family for Family Home Evening when I was probably four. I still remember them! So I tried it.

It's pretty evident that cute treats is not in my nature cause I pretty much miserably fail to be impressive every time, but trying is impressive, right? And the kids smiled! And I like that.

And that was my one day trying to be cute, crafty and impressive super-cool mom.






1 comments:

Em said...

I love this so much. I personally think that kids value cool creative desserts when they are presented less frequently. :)

You are a super cool mom and those are super cool spider cookies.

I don't comment much because I read most of your posts in my email, but I read every one!