"Ready. Set. Go!"
Trent right now is pushing Gold Lightning McQueen and Red Lightning McQueen in a furious track race, down our main hallway.
A few minutes ago Trent came to me asking where Red Lightning McQueen was. "He's not in with my cars! He's not!"
We looked in the bucket, in the other toy drawers, but we couldn't find him where he'd usually be.
I asked Trent if he wanted to say a prayer to Heavenly Father, asking him to help him find his Red Lightning McQueen. He affirmed yes.
He folded his arms and said,
"Because Light Queen is gone! Heavenly Father. Thank thee for this food. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
We looked under the couch. Not there.
I had a little nervous heart that we wouldn't find him in a moment coming soon.
We then looked under the armoire. Not there.
I shook the Sub Woofer to where a few toys had been known to disappear. I heard something inside but didn't know yet what it was.
I got the screwdriver, brought it out to the living room, and unscrewed the screws with Trent anxiously looking over my busy hands.
I lifted off the speaker from the subwoofer box and peered inside…
There Red Lightning McQueen was. Sitting. Waiting. Found.
I hope I didn't breathe an audible sound of relief when I saw Red Lightning McQueen inside the Subwoofer.
I hope my lack of perfect faith was not evident to my boy of perfect faith to whom I am suppose to be Teacher.
"Trent! (gasping) Look!" and I pulled out Red Lightning McQueen for Trent to see.
He sucked in a huge breath of happiness and with a face of amazement exclaimed, "Lightning McQueen!... I found him!"
"Heavenly Father helped you find Red Lightning McQueen! Should we say a prayer to thank Him?"
He folded his arms right there and said, "I found Light Queen!…Thank Thee!…Thank Thee!…"
…
I had heard stories of the faith of a child's prayer before, and had wanted so much for my little boy to also receive an immediate answer to his prayer so that the teaching moment would not be delayed. I felt so humbled, but mostly grateful, that I am a mother who does not need to work to support my family, that has the opportunity to stay home and not miss an opportunity to teach if I'll take it. Heavenly Father answered my little boy's prayer, and my own. So many of my own.
"Trent, I am so proud of you. You asked Heavenly Father to help you and then gave thanks when he answered your prayer. If you can remember that for all of your life, you will be so happy. I am so proud of you."
Thank you to my visiting teachers that had just been here and had reminded me to pray for even my silly worries of today, and to teach my children when they are young so that when they are grown they "will not depart from it. (Proverbs 22.:6)"








2 comments:
That's beautiful! The purity of children really blows me away. No wonder we are supposed to become as a child.
i love it.
the other day one of my preschoolers said this "miss morgan, i prayed in the dark to heavenly father so i would not have bad scary dreams. then when i woke up in the light, i didn't have any bad dreams. it was SO easy!"
to which i thought - yes, it IS so easy isn't it?
Post a Comment