Monday, September 13, 2010

Hadley's Talkings and Adorations


Little Hadley girl's first word was "Happy." She would go around the house saying, "Hap. Be…Hap. Be…Hap.Be…" all day long. So adorable.


Then, we're not sure when this evolved, she would also say, "Hap.Be!" And have a mad, fussy face. Reaching hand out, fingers grasping the air, crying. After a few weeks of the happy "Hap.Be." and also the mad "Hap.Be.", we realized she was sometimes saying "Happy!" and sometimes, "Help me!" In fact, she was reaching up to me, desperately calling out, "Hap.Be!" as I was typing in this paragraph. Sweet princess!

She also says, Daddy, Mommy, Baby, Blanky, Binky (although these latter three all sounds exactly like Baby, though she'll reference all three). Her latest words are, Thank you (thank thank), Please (peeeeeze), Grandpa (gra.pa.) and Costco (costco!).

She says "Hap.Be" (Help me!) way more than anything. In quantity that is, since she says it over and over and over until she gets help, rarely giving up. We love her sweet little voice.

Here she is in an outfit my mom made for me when I was a little girl.







And some pajamas I wore as a baby.



Hadley is a girly, girl. It's so fun when you start to discover that some things are just innate in your child, not forced, just raw, real, original personality. She LOVES shoes. She will go get her shoes and bring them to me during the day saying, "Help me! Help me!" And if I'm not around, she tries to put them on herself. She also adores it when we buy her new shoes. We'll put them on and she will stomp up and down the house, staring at her new shoes, with the biggest "daddy, you're in trouble" grin on.

She loves anything shiny or princess. Her cheap Disney princess frisbees were her prized possession for weeks. She wouldn't let go of them, even when sleeping. She loved her Aunt Miranda's sequin crown she found in her room, brought it to me squealing, "OOOOOOOooooh!" with excitement, and wore it the rest of the day, getting mad if we'd take it off. She loves her baby and takes her on a walk in the baby stroller all day long. She also loves to read books. I love to hear her babbling and reading to herself.








...
Trent genuinely misses her when she's taking a nap, and asks for her, telling me that "Hadley doesn't want to take a nap." When Trent is about to go down for a nap he lets me know that, "Hadley wants to take a nap too." 

Trent gets giddy when Hadley wakes up from her nap. Of course then he insists on stealing her toys and running over her with her baby stroller, non-stop. I really do think he loves her though. ;)






...

We're also fairly certain we know what she wants to be when she grows up.

Something she's been doing since birth:

Sticking her fingers in our mouth to 'oooh' and 'aaaah' at our teeth. Totally intrigued by them.
Dental Hygienist!

Don't open your mouth at arms-length from her, unless you want to get a free baby-fingernail flossing.






But most of all, she wants to be a mom. For months she would "make soup" and then spoon feed the imaginary soup to each of us, over and over. Then I finally realized, She's imitating me! She wants to feed her baby like I feed mine!






...
OK. Now I must go respond to all the "Help me!'s" I am hearing!
I'm out!

5 comments:

stephasauri said...

Love the update. What cutie's you've got!!

Eliza says the same things at nap time and bed time. They like to be together.

Life with the Warrens said...

holy cow how they have grown. i bet you are the best mom in the world with those two angels!

Meradith said...

She's so cute! Great pics on this post! I can't believe how fast time flies. Boo hoo for babies growing up.

[Morgan] said...

wow. such cuties.
and a little girl whose first word was happy? perfect.

Danielle said...

Your little family is SO dang Cute and Sweet! Hadley IS a little princess! Darling! Love to read your blog! I'm glad you sent me that link because I had lost it and was too busy looking at your photo site to realize it! Haha!