Day 1:
Big Boy underwear supply = 14 pair
End of Day 1 = every one of the 14 pair were peed in, including the 14th pair being peed in twice because it wasn't the end of the day yet, so being the cruel mother that I am I made him continue to wear the 14th pair
Day 2:
Specimen's breakfast consisting of
two bowls of Cereal and
two sippy cups of milk.
Mom rushes him to the potty after breakfast knowing he just MUST have the need to go potty.
What can we do to relax this boy of mine and get him to sit here until the pee comes?, I ask myself. We just MUST have our first success, oh please!
Mom pulls the DVD player into the bathroom, puts Little Boy Specimen on potty, turns on Toy Story 2 in the bathroom while he sits on the potty against everything she believes in while consoling herself because
just five minutes of Toy Story 2 could do the trick.
92 minutes later (I guessed on the time, but then decided to look it up, and guess what? I was right. 92 minutes.) Toy Story 2 has ended. Trent is still on the potty. No pee.
Mom just knows he HAS to go! Two bowls of cereal! Two sippies! What am I to do?!? If I take him off I just know he will go on the floor in his pants again!
We read books. Nothing.
We cut paper. Nothing.
And then in desperation mom turns on the bathtub water full force. Will this get the juices flowing? (sorry about the reference)
AND IT DID!!! Desperation is indeed rewarding.
An hour later, after lunch and no accidents, another success!
Time for naps. Put on the diaper. I'm sure he'll forget everything he learned with his diaper now on.
Little Boy wakes up from nap. NOTHING IN HIS DIAPER! He goes to the potty.
Success #3!
Oh little boy, you have made mommy so happy! And Daddy and Nana and Grandpa and Uncle Curt and everyone else we called to celebrate with too!
Thank you everyone, including my 80 plus year-old grandparents (but they look much younger ;)), for telling Trent you had Potty Power too. Thank you for telling him you wear big kid underwear. Your candidness is a gift. A real gift.
It's not that the battle is over, it's just that the battle might have some hope!
And so I must post about the hope.
Cheers to Hope!
2 comments:
potty training!!!!!!!!!
this is all.
:)
You really have to relish in the good moments and little victories. Good job, Trent! You're making your mommy really happy and proud.
Post a Comment