Friday, May 14, 2010

Potty Training Log Part II

A summary:

Day 1:

15 accidents, 0 successes. Only because I am a stubborn mama was I not about to turn back now.

Day 2:

3 Successes, 1 accident. Only because I'm a stubborn mama did I wait for the first success through Toy Story 2, Books, Crafts, and then running the bathtub water.

Day 3:

4 successes, 4 accidents. Celebrations!

Day 4:

10 successes, 1 accident (accident being a poopy, meaning not fun to clean up)! Even greater confidence!

Day 5:

2 successes so far. Feeling good. Even left the house a little last night and today with success.



(Just thought you might want an update. Sparing the details. I won't tell you about how Trent's day 2 poop in his underwear was a green ball so he kept asking where the "turtle" went for hours after I cleaned up. I won't tell you that.)

YAY!!! Friend Nancy was right! Suffer through Day 1 and then it clicks! I have found Day 1 is necessary, there's no way around it, so just buckle up and get through.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

So, did he show interest before you started, or did you decide it was time? Dane has been asking to sit on the potty...I just don't know if I am ready for that yet. It makes me tired just thinking about it! But I don't want to miss out if the timing is right, ya know?

Danielle said...

I'm glad he seems do be doing so well. You too! Good luck ;)

Aubrey said...

I am definitely coming to you for help on this subject when it's time for Kennedy to potty train. So glad you're hanging in there! It'll be so worth it.

Gina said...

I was going through my old blog and saw the post when I talked about us starting to potty train Rowan. It was a Year and a half later before he was actually potty trained! I washed out poopy underwear multiple times a day for that long! Those were dark, dark days in the Conner house. I am not being dramatic. Good Luck, I am envious of your quick sucess already!

alli said...

I am still laughing. "Good boy momma!" (good job candice!)

stephasauri said...

I'm so glad that things are improving!! Way to stick with it!!