Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mini Conversings

All within these 24 hours. And any given 24 hours provides equal the entertainment.

..........

I walk in to collect the kiddies from their afternoon nap.

"Hi Mama," Trent says.

"Hi Trent! Thank you for taking such a good nap."

"You're welcome Mama."

.........

Trent points outside the window next to his crib, "Scoopas Mama! Scoopas!"

"Yeah...Scoopas. Scoopas." "I don't know what Scoopas are Trent."

"Scoopas Mama!"

I look out the window. In the far distance I see a School Bus.

"Oooooh Trent! School Bus! Yeah! School Bus! Good job Bud!"

"Yeah! Scoopas Mom!...Yay! We did it!" (We did it signifying 'Yay mom! We understood each other! You really finally understood me Mama'')

.........

"Hev-lee Fodder, Bless fooood,

(Knowing that his short and usual prayer of "Heavenly Father, Bless food, Amen" was not going to cut it anymore and that he was going to be asked, again, to elongate his prayer, he continues...)

Trent's eyes start wandering the room. We know this because we weren't closing our eyes this time, like we usually can't during a prayer with two little babies around.

He looks at Daddy.

"Bless Daddy..."

And his eyes sweep to me, and then to Hadley

"...and Mommy...and Hadley..."

and then his eyes sweep the table and room,

"and plate...and tree (that would be the plant in the corner)... and cup... and fork... and milk... and chair... and hot dog..."

We started to wonder if he would ever stop. Eventually we prompeted him,

"in the name..."

And the rest was good as done.

.........

I brought Trent his water cup.

"Thank you SOOOO Much, Mama. Thank you SOOOO Much."

.........

Stay tuned for the continuing series of Mini Conversings brought to you by Trent.

0 comments: