I found a man named Stewart.
It was actually a woman named Stewart.
Stewart signed for the package in lieu of her neighbor, the actual addressee the package was labeled for.
I went to see Stewart's neighbor who was just on the cusp of returning the package to the post office, because it was maldelivered, and who was about to send my precious Rainbows back to sunny Califor-nigh-ay. The same Califor-nigh-ay that just couldn't get themselves in gear to send them to me in the first place.
I thanked the neighbor of Stewart. So glad I caught her just in time.
I giddily ran to my door. Burst inside. Did a little squiggle and giggle of glee that my Rainbows were finally in my anxiety filled hands.
Opened the package. Correct color. Correct size. Good.
Pulled out my footsies, slipped them puppies on, and what? What is this? Hmmmm...
Well. Arch in left shoe is one inch more toward the toe of the shoe than the arch in right shoe. Are you SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?!
Hmmm. Whatever happened to a little something I liked to call "customer service". Whatever happened to, "This girl has been waiting six weeks for us to deliver her these sandals, and we are gonna darn well make sure they are spic and span and maybe put a little $10 bill in the toe for her hassle."
Nope. Customer service has flown the coop. Thrown in the towel. Said adiue and adiue.
Hahahaha. I have to laugh.
Called the man at Rainbow. The same man that makes a wish when he throws his penny into the wishing well that that darn girl from Utah will stop calling him already. That man.
"Hello. Got the shoes. So excited. And then..."
No apology. He had just returned from surfing so there was water in his ear and he couldn't really hear what I was telling him. About to go surfing again on his lunch break so didn't want to bother to shake the water out.
Sent a man the next day to pick up the shoes. Refused to send me the new pair until they had received my defective pair back.
Here I am waiting. Still waiting.
Trying to catch a break. Break deflected, again.
Covey Seely
6 years ago






0 comments:
Post a Comment