Ya know how some things can be so stressful and overwhelming to plan and prepare for, and yet they are suppose to be so simple and spiritual? Like weddings, missionary farewells, and baby blessings. Man, I wish I could pay to clone myself for these events so that one of me is the planner and one of me just gets to enjoy, cause I don't want to miss out on the planning either.
I prayed that I could be cloned in a sense, or that I could still focus on the spirituality of Hadley's baby blessing day and not just think about if we had enough pork in the crockpot.
I was blessed. It was really such a beautiful and wonderful day. Tim's blessing for Hadley was....simply...wonderful. Testimony meeting was rewarding and filled my heart with joy and gratitude. I was even able to hear the testimonies of some of my friends from Venezuela, in English! I loved everything about this day.
Hadley was in the baby blessing dress that I wore as a baby. My mom made it for me! The lace is completely hand done. That's right, the lace! My mom is so talented and I loved imagining her making it for me when I was a newborn, spending so much time on the details and doing it with so much love, and now seeing her granddaughter in that dress too, how amazing. It is so beautiful. Hadley even wore the socks and shoes I wore. And the little flower in her hair was made my Tim's mom. I'm a sentimental woman.
This day was such a gift and made me feel even more sealed to our eternal daughter Hadley.
I prayed that I could be cloned in a sense, or that I could still focus on the spirituality of Hadley's baby blessing day and not just think about if we had enough pork in the crockpot.
I was blessed. It was really such a beautiful and wonderful day. Tim's blessing for Hadley was....simply...wonderful. Testimony meeting was rewarding and filled my heart with joy and gratitude. I was even able to hear the testimonies of some of my friends from Venezuela, in English! I loved everything about this day.
Hadley was in the baby blessing dress that I wore as a baby. My mom made it for me! The lace is completely hand done. That's right, the lace! My mom is so talented and I loved imagining her making it for me when I was a newborn, spending so much time on the details and doing it with so much love, and now seeing her granddaughter in that dress too, how amazing. It is so beautiful. Hadley even wore the socks and shoes I wore. And the little flower in her hair was made my Tim's mom. I'm a sentimental woman.
This day was such a gift and made me feel even more sealed to our eternal daughter Hadley.






3 comments:
Candice, I LOVED the family picture at Hadley's blessing? Why do all your pics come out perfect? seriously, you have a beautiful famliy. Who are the Venezuelan people that bore their testimonies in English??
That is so neat that she wore YOUR blessing dress. I bet your Mom smiled that day. Amazing. Life is good . . .Can't wait to see this sweet baby and you. Tuesday!
She is such a beautiful girl. We were very happy to be there to support you and your family. What an angel.
Post a Comment