Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happy 75th Post

I am so in love with my friend's 200th post that I can't wait until a derivative of 100 to make a list myself. (She made a list of 200 things to say in her 200th post.)

Happy 75th.

1. I never thought I'd be a blogger.
2. I thought I could avoid it just like I thought I would avoid the DVD trend and save money by not converting all of my VHS's to DVDs.
3. I failed.
4. I'm glad.
5. My son says "a-may" all the time as a request. I have yet to figure out what a-may means.
6. He says it when he brings me something. He says it at the door as he holds the handle.
7. So far my only guess is he wants me to "open", but wow, that doesn't sound like a-may.
8. He is saying "a-may" repeatedly to me right now.
9. My son was pushing the screen door the other day and I asked him not to. I then requested he say "sorry" for doing that.
10. He said sorry, then gave the screen door a kiss.
11. All better.
12. Yesterday I told a friend my life was mundane.
13. I didn't mean mundane in the boring sense, just in the sense that it is routine and mostly free from drama.
14. I am over analyzing whether or not I should call her back today and clear up that I didn't mean my life was boring, since the word mundane has a negative connotation, or whether I should just let it lie since her reply will probably be, as is everyone's reply whenever I over analyze, "Oh. I didn't even remember you said that silly."
15. I over analyze a lot.
16. I love having a mundane/routine/simple life.
17. Did I just say simple? Isn't this whole blog about posting that I'm "in search of the simple life".
18. Yes I did type simple, delete it, type it again, delete it, then decide to let it lie.
19. Day one of my goal to stop over analyzing.
20. I wish my blog was 200.
21. Making a list is fun.
22. I feel guilty a lot.
23. I feel guilty I can't stare at my daughter all day long because I am trying to keep everyone showered and fed in this house.
24. I wonder if I will ever stop feeling guilty.
25. I really want to because I started wondering if I had slight postpartum depression last night.
26. I have been meaning to figure that out, but I've been too busy cleaning and feeding every one.
27. Ya know how sometimes you should just let yourself cry cause you just need to let out a good cry?
28. I'm still not good at that.
29. I'm afraid my list is getting too serious.
30. I am more in love with my car than I ever thought a person could ever be in love with their car.
31. I want to die still owning a Nissan Murano.
32. I can't believe I love a car that much.
33. My car has black carpet.
34. Black carpet is not good for people that don't like to feel that pestering feeling that they need to vacuum their car again. Over and over again.
35. I slept with my baby blanket for 26 years.
36. I did gift it to Tim, publicly, at our wedding dinner, and put a lock on it.
37. I gave Tim the key.
38. Couldn't sleep for five months.
39. I asked for the blanky back.
40. Tim reluctantly gave it back.
41. I slept with it soundly again until I became a mom.
42. I just couldn't sleep with my baby blanket now that I had a baby myself.
43. That's what it took.
44. It took a lot.
45. We have an air sanitizer in our house.
46. It goes off every four hours.
47. I wonder if it really does anything or if it just mentally blesses its owners with a sense of trying.
48. I wonder if it is worth the energy costs.
49. My father-in-law bought it for us.
50. He wanted us to have clean air to breathe in our houses.
51. I love that he wants that for us.
52. I hate that my microwave beeps continuously every minute when your food is done until you open the door.
53. I hate that our oven beeps once.
54. We have forgotten things in the oven because of this.
55. I hate it when my hair is wet.
56. I hate combing wet hair.
57. I hate waiting for my hair to dry.
58. I hate blow drying my hair.
59. I once was introduced to an amazing product called 5-minute manager.
60. It made your hair dry faster.
61. They took it off the market five years ago.
62. I have been saving my last application in its bottle for a day I am really in a crunch.
63. I have to constantly wonder, "Is this the day I am in a crunch enough to use my last 5-minute manager?"
64. It will probably still be in its bottle until I die.
65. Celine Dion is pregnant again.
66. I over analyzed about whether I should put that on my blog or not.
67. Done.
68. Done putting it on, and done analyzing.
69. Yes, I still want to be Celine's LDS missionary.
70. I feel a lot of pressure to make number 71-75 on this list really count.
71. I have been thinking about what to end with for too long.
72. This is messing up the synergy of the list.
73. Now there's just way too much pressure because I've used up half of the numbers thinking about what to end with.
74. Guess that's the end of my goal.
75. See #19.

Thanks for being our blogging friends! Happy 75th!

7 comments:

Erin said...

No, I don't have facebook, but I emailed her back with my blog link. Hadley is so cute at her blessing!

Meradith said...

haha I loved this random list of rambling!! I can hear you saying each item! I over-analyze, too. But you knew that.

Paula M. Nielson said...

NO WAY! Celine Dion is prego??? WOW!!! After everything that happened to you at the last concert, I think you are her missionary. I just got chills!!!! :)

[Morgan] said...

i love it. all of it.
there is no way to rid that motherly guilt is there? oh boy.
personally, i like to think that it comes from loving my kids so much i want to meet their every need and aid in their every step.... rather than the fact that i'm slightly ocd and have this need to do everything perfect and the "right way" (always resulting in my falling short because my expectations are truly too high)
so, from one over-analyst to another, cheers to the simple life!!!
hip hip..

Life with the Warrens said...

#65 is my fave. i was waiting for her to appear on this list. i love you. don't sweat the small stuff and it is all small stuff

Aubrey said...

Overanalyzing and guilt... I understand. I think I need to sit down and make a list like this to get all my thoughts out of my head. Sometimes I think so much and so fast that I can't relax or fall asleep at night. Love you! P.S. Of course you should mention Celine! My mom commented that she's glad one of my best friends is pregnant again. :)

Alicia said...

How did I miss your list until now!? Love it.

Love, love, love it.

Wish we lived closer and that we could do lunch every other Tuesday or something. :)

Hope this finds you well!