Monday, December 1, 2008

Heaven on my Mind

Can you picture heaven?

Luckily, once I month I don't have to, cause we go there.

My parents live there. Winter, spring, summer, and fall.









Welcome to Huntsville. Welcome home.





A drive over the foothills of Weber Canyon, down the mountain where I can spot my house, see the lake, see the lights of three ski resorts at night in the winter, see the hay fields and horse pastures in the day, see Eden and Liberty where Tim can golf overlooking the valley. Fishing, horseback riding, biking to the Monastery, water skiing, a walk to the hometown park and home of the greatest Fourth of July.

The nicest people reside here, good ol' hometown people that either retired at 30 or are still out milking the cows. That know how to can jelly and bottle butter. Real people. Real good people.

Drive up the canyon again to Monte Cristo beauty, drive towards the lake and see the way the mountains depart over Pineview that just must be straight from the Celestial Kingdom. I love this place that makes every one feel like they're home.

And that is heaven.

Next, we had the most perfect afternoon Saturday in our wonderful town.

This must be what it is like to pick out a Christmas tree in heaven. We went to an old farmer's property, took a hay ride (or a sleigh ride if the snow has fallen) through the property, bells a ringin', horses hoofs clanging, down the hill and back to a shed made of quakies. There you will find the most perfect Christmas trees brought here from Oregon. (And my mom and dad really did find the most beautiful Christmas tree on earth.) Smells like Christmas, sounds like Christmas, feels like Christmas. We pass the elk in the field, a six point bull and ten cows (did you know I grew up on a farm of sorts? well yes), the beauty of the valley, and then drank hot chocolate in the farmer's shed while the men loaded the trees. Tim and I are the proud owners of our first real Christmas tree.















I'll be home for Christmas.

And next, heaven on my mind,



Because another gift from heaven will be joining our family on earth next year.

We heard the little miracle heartbeat last week, so it will be sometime around July 15.

It is difficult to comtemplate how we could possibly make our home a place a Spirit from Heaven will be happy to reside. But we will try. And I feel overwhelmed that another Spirit more perfect than I would be willing to accept me as his or her mother. But what a privilege.

I am very proud to be a mother, and proud that soon I will have two little young ducklings following my tail and under my wing. I am so happy that we have so many wonderful people to love our babies: Grandpa, Papa, Nana, and Nana Jo, aunts, uncles, cousins, great aunts, great uncles, and amazing friends.



I am thankful to know there is a heaven we came from, and a heaven where we hope to reside. And that God has given us the opportunity to try to make our homes a heaven on earth.

Two children from heaven and a great husband are a good start.

16 comments:

Aubrey said...

Another baby?!? YAY! I can't believe you'll be a mommy of two soon. Wow. Congrats!!

Julie said...

I'm so excited for you!! There is nothing like hearing that little heart beat for the first time!

Em said...

Yay, Candice! congratulations!

I remember when you weren't so sure about your family's move to Huntsville. I'm happy you love it so much now. It's gorgeous!

Holly said...

Yay!! Congratulations!!

WT said...

Crazy! So happy for you!

[Morgan] said...

wow! AWESOME!!!
congratulations guts!!!

[Morgan] said...

uh... that was GUYS not guts... sorry

Megan said...

This is what I said in my head when I read your exciting news...WOOT WOOT! I love it when people are preggo. Being a mommy is the best thing EVER! And, is that really where your parents live? I'm so jelous...who would want to live in SoJo when you can live there?

Tiff and Dan said...

congrats on baby number 2!

the keele's said...

that is beautiful!!! also it is very exciting that you are having another little babe!!! i want one too! haha.

Lindsay & Josh said...

Candice, I can't imagine a luckier person getting a better mom. You are great. I hope to see you soon.

Kristen Duarte said...

¡FELICIDADES! how exciting Candice; you're going to have two little ones!

Life with the Warrens said...

holy cow!! you didn't even tell me! i am so happy for you!

Philip and Melissa said...

Woah whoa wow!!!!!! Hold the phone!!!!!! You're prego again?????? THAT IS AWESOME YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to hug youuuu!!!!

stephasauri said...

CONGRATS! We are so excited for you!!

That was sneaky of you to slip that in right at the end of the post to make sure we're all paying attention!

Wahoo!

Maleina said...

Congrats! Mine are 18 months apart. LOTS of work but SO much fun! I'm so excited for you!