Tuesday, December 16, 2008

As of Late



Don't know how he decided on that pose.










t
i





As of late,

Doesn't he look so big and old? With his hair all swept to one side, Edward the Vampire style. I hate that he looks so big and grown up! He was just a squooshy baby earlier this year! And now, he's a big boy, on the path of destruction.

My boy is on the path of destruction. What a sweet little boy he is, but he is such a climber and tipper, and puller, and again climber. Yesterday I walked into his room just in time to see the six baskets stacked on top of one another, falling square on top of Trent and even me if they reached that far.

Exhibit A:



A favorite: The DVDs.



"How loud can I turn up the radio?"



And another favorite: Mom and dad's closet. I made one phone call, and this is what I return to.



He climbs everything, and yesterday I found him laying on an end table. Uhh...no.

Somehow "No" means "faster, harder, stronger, FASTER before mom gets here." Trent crawls like a gazelle. LEAPing with each step. As he reaches for the ornaments on the tree, and I say "No!", it's like that translates to "Quick! Do it quick! Before mom gets here to stop me!"

If there is one single speck of anything on our floor, Trent will find it. The lastest? Ornament hooks. SO GLAD those didn't go down the throat before I swobbed them out. It's probably because I didn't yell "No!"

Maybe it's best to stay calm and forget the word "no" for now.

If dad can just keep him up high in the air, there is nothing up there to destroy.





And have we told you about fish face? Cause I don't think we have. He loves to make a fish face! He probably holds the world record for holding it longer than any other person ever. He will make the face then proceed to play, or destroy, all the while with the fish face on display.




It's fun to joke about, but we truly love our little destroyer. He's a boy! And he knows that as a boy he has a mission to stay true to, and that's what he is all about. He is about his boy business.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love it! He's absolutely adorable:)

Erin said...

That is so fun that your brothers are both in Italy!

As for Trent that is great. Katie had quiet time yesterday and I came back in to fine desitin all of her carpet--I am still trying to get it out.

Erin said...

oh and congrats that is exciting!

Aubrey said...

Love the faces. Love the red hair. Love the messes. Love everything. You are very lucky.

[Morgan] said...

he's awesome!
boys are so great when it comes to destroying and sneaking.
jonas put almost an entire thing of q-tips down the heat vent recently while i was on the phone. sheesh.
he's too cute that little man of yours!