Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Europe Trip 2011 Day 1

I am reliving our trip to Europe four months later, as I take a look at the photos from the trip for the first time. That's right. For the first time. Too busy?

So we missed our connection from Madrid to Geneva Switzerland on our flight over due to our flight from Chicago to Madrid being late. We hung out at the Madrid airport for a while, speaking Spanish and trying to get an email to Curt and Allison about our late arrival. It was an adventure. We were reminded how much we love the US since we felt we were both back in our mission countries a bit (me to Venezuela, and Tim to Uruguay). Of course, Madrid was much more advanced than our countries. But not so much when it came to hot spots, computers, and communication! McDonald's in Europe are kind of poshy. We'll show you some more later. One hamburger was $35 american dollars. True story, my friends. True story. 25 Euro.

We opted for a bottle of water.
Then I played with our new camera for a while to try to figure it out. It is an Advanced Compact. The Canon S95. I shoot Nikon for my professional work, but we are in love with this compact camera. Because it is advanced, it costs quite a bit more than a regular pocket camera. This one retails at $495. But it allows us to shoot in Manual, Ap Priority, Shutter Priority, etc. And we found it to be amazing. Love it.
See. Little bit poshy, right?
The cieling in the Madrid Airport is super futuristic and cool. I was so tempted to take a taxi into Madrid, but didn't want to miss a connection again.
We finally made it to Geneva and walked the streets for a while. LOVE.
This kebab place is right across the street from Curt, my brother's, and his wife Allison's home. A kebab would be called a Gyro here and a Shwarma in my mission. YUM-MY!
Right near their house you can look down the street and see the Jet D'eau. A large spray of water in Lake Geneva, right off the city coast. It is a big landmark of the town.
There you can see it in this picture.
Allison took us grocery shopping for some entertainment. Want to see some interesting items, or some normal items at an astronomical price? Here we go!
Chicken. 1 pound. $21.50. This pack of chicken in the picture is .246 kilo for 10.60 francs, or about $11 dollars. Chicken tonight anyone?
Escargot. Thought it was cool.
European Allison, my sis-in-law.
This is just a cool shot I got from the street. I did it in three versions cause I kind of love it.
Then at night, Allison took Tim and I for a walk to the Lake and where the Jet D'eau goes off. We got these shots of one of the lighthouses, and the city lights reflecting over Lake Geneva.
There's Tim and Allison on the pier.
And proof that Tim and I had arrived.
At first I wondered what the clock was about, but hey, duh me, anyone ever heard of Swiss Watches? Yeppers. We were in Switzerland. The city of expensive watches.
Always have to take a pic next to this designer shop, whether on Rodeo Drive or in Switzerland. You know why.
See! Posh!! Total cafe hangout for the locals. Sooo cool.
A stroll down the lane...
and itty cars.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

You're trip looks amazing. Like You! I miss you:( It's been a long time.

Aubrey said...

It is so beautiful there! So glad you went. I love Europe and can't wait to see more of it. Post more pics soon please. :)