We arrived home from our Huntsville vacation to a letter for each member of our family from Aunt Shauna.
The kids got personalized pictures to color, and a personal note from Aunt Shauna with her picture included.
Wow. Amazing. I was touched to the point of speechless.
Here are the kiddles, coloring their pictures from Aunt Shauna.
![]() |
| In this picture they are actually saying, "Hi Aunt Shauna!" |
![]() |
| 364 1/2 days of the year, we have fingerprints on our sliding glass doors. …It is so worth it. |
![]() |
| See Aunt Shauna! |
![]() |
| See! |
![]() |
| And now they are displayed on our fridge... |
![]() |
| Right next to our notes from you so that we can remember which aunt you are. |
Aunt Shauna,
Like I said on the phone, I was speechless and so touched by your personal notes. It is amazing to me how lucky we are to have a family member that loves and mothers as you do, even before you receive your own children to mother. Thank you. Thank you so very deeply.
…
My Aunt Cindy is a crafty one, and for each of my children made these little memory books to take notes in. She told me that instead of trying to put notes in order or picture or whatever, to just write down, on any page, at whatever angle, in whatever form, little notes I had about my kids as they were growing and changing and learning. If I tried to do it in order or have a system to it, I'd inevitably get behind and give up, so she taught me the best thing to do was to open the little books at any page and jot a little something down whenever something new happened.
![]() |
| This is Hadley's book we got before she was born. |
![]() |
| And this is Trent's. |
Because of what she taught me to do, I now have little notes jotted down of my kids that are absolutely PRICELESS. Nothing can replace these books and what they mean now and will mean forever to myself, Tim, and our kids.
THANK YOU Cindy for the priceless gift, put together with love and care, for the children that your niece and nephew have. You have mothered us before you receive children of your own, and this book is an amazing gift and a treasure.
Aunt Cindy and Aunt Shauna, I treasure you and appreciate much your examples.
Love,
Candice, Timothy, and our posterity






















0 comments:
Post a Comment