Friday, July 16, 2010

Tim's Garden


I guess the year you and your husband don't give birth to a new baby you both give birth to new hobbies. 


Pretty sure I've driven home what my new hobby is, a little overboard. But Tim has a new passion himself: his garden.

Our stake has a stake garden and we have a 15' by 15' plot to our name. I'm not sure if Tim knew just how much he was going to get into it before he started, but then again that's just how I was. I have always wanted to do photography, and Tim has always wanted to have a garden. And here we are, very into and excited about our new "hobby babies".

I have never seen Tim wake up for anything at 5 am before (besides his job) like he does for his garden. He gets so excited about it that he jumps out of bed on a Saturday morning at 5 am to go work the earth on a regular  basis. I love seeing his passion.

Above is the picture of his first sprout (is that what I call it, Honey?)

Below here, this is our plot. We are (Tim is) the proud tillers of plot G28 and beyond.

Last week we went to the garden to check it out, like Tim does on a regular basis, and this is the beauty we found!

   




It really is amazing.
(Don't you love how he uses golf tees to indicate what he's grown. That's my Tim!)
        
      Last night Tim stopped by on his way home from work to check on his garden and he brought home his first fruits. What he had worked so hard for was now food we could put in our belly.

It is awesome to me to contemplate how God has provided us with earth and seeds and a way to be self-reliant and provide for our physical needs on this earth. One eternal round.

I am grateful Tim was persistent about doing his garden. Isn't it a beauty!?! Apparently the zucchini plants will soon be exploding, so come on by! From what other zucchini growers tell us, it will soon be like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs but with zucchini. I hope it freezes.

6 comments:

[Morgan] said...

I love it.
Nice work.

When are we ever going to get together friend? I know you are super busy, but I love to hang or meet for lunch sometime soon!

I want to hear more (outside of text covo's:) about your photography happenings!

alli said...

I LOVE gardening! Yours looks great. Maybe one day we will get a garden too? I don't think gardens are common here as there is not much free space.... :(

Bryan and Nancy said...

Oh!!! I miss my garden!!! I miss you too!!!

Aubrey said...

I love zucchini! We definitely need to pay you a visit. I have always wanted to have a garden, so I'm starting with my herbs this year. Patio gardening is as far as I'm getting so far. Good job, Tim!

Natalie Sue said...

Yum! One thing you can do to freeze it, is grind it all up in your blender then put it in ziploc baggies. Then later on you can make zucchini bread, or you can be healthy and add it to things like spaghetti sauce, etc.

The Platt's said...

Oh Miss Candice! I've been meaning to email you for weeks! I SOOOOOO wish that I were close enough to help you build your portfolio! Seriously! Congrats on doing your own thing! You will be a HUGE success! No two ways about it! Miss you!!! ~abbie