skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Today is Day 1 of waking up at 6 am for 30 days. It's been my New Year's Resolution for 2010 to start of habit of getting up early. That habit will actually make my other New Year Resolutions possible, so it's pretty critical. I've been on the wagon, off, on, off throughout the year, always scared to share my goal because that REALLY commits me. But here I am, at Day 1, again, with new commitment, and SHARING it.
I was absolutely perfect at getting up on time throughout my mission. The obedience thing was rock solid and immovable motivation. I was good after my mission for a while. Then I said to myself, "Why am I doing this? I don't HAVE to." And I haven't been a habitual early riser ever since.
I WANT to wake up early! I need to in order to keep my life in order. All of you who do it know what I'm talking about. Besides that, it's scripture, and I believe in those!
I've tried a few things over the years. Several alarms spread throughout the year, changing my alarm tone every few days, asking husband to wake me up, recommitment, and even having my dad call me on the phone every morning at 6 am. I'd get on the wagon for a while, then off again. Finally yesterday I googled for some help. Here's what I found:
How To Become and Early Riser by Steve Palina
It was really helpful, and so true. Read it. You'll love it.
So. Here we are at Day 1, again, with new commitment, and this time I'm telling you about it.
Here's to 30 days! Who's with me!?
2 comments:
Starting on Saturday. And a holiday. Nice. Impressive. I need to join you for sure. I think I'll start on Monday :)
I think it's awesome you're doing this! 6 is too early for me. Maybe 6:30. That's more realistic. It would be nice to get up and shower and be more ready before Kennedy gets up. You're such a good influence on me!
Post a Comment