Thursday, September 3, 2009

Motherhood is a Wondrous Juggling Act

Motherhood IS juggling.

I've heard it said that motherhood is a juggling act. Then one day, I said on my own, "Hey! This is like juggling!", as if I was the first one to think of it.

I take care of one baby, throw them up in the air, hope they stay there long enough for me to take care of the other baby, then just when I'm done with one baby the other is down again, take care of them, throw them up in the air again. Will they come down too soon? And I'll have a crash? Can they ever just float up there in the air themselves, then I can brush my teeth? Maybe they could learn to fly? Then I'll have time to read a book on how to juggle? Don't even think about picking up the 'Me' ball. Oh, here's come another ball.

But I seriously LOVE being a mom. Motherhood is truly where one can learn JOY.

I can't even imagine not knowing THIS kind of happiness...


6 comments:

Kristen Duarte said...

LOVED your post Candice! You make me excited to be a mom someday:)

[Morgan] said...

amen amen and amen.
you are wonderful.
and hey, i always think i'm the first to realize something. and then i remember, oh wait, haven't women been mothers literally since the beginning of time? ha ha.
doesn't make our own personal experiences and "realizations" any less important and significant though, that's for sure.

your kids are just too cute.

Jennie Skipper said...

How cute!!! Your kids are absolutly adorable! I've been meaning to thank you for Hadleys little announcement It's hung proudly on our fridge:)We need to plan another game night soon, we'll be gone this next week but after that for sure! Keep up the juggling... it's impressive!! :)

stephasauri said...

Amen! Well-put Candice.

I LOVE all the pictures of your darling little ones. And the family picture at the end is darling!

Meradith said...

LOVE these pics. Every one!! I can't believe how much little Hadley is changing! Love her in that BYU onesie. :) And LOVE Trent in that little red hat. I will die from the cuteness.

Life with the Warrens said...

cutest family in utah. (we are the cutest in cali) hee hee hee!