Football season is here again.
Woah, time flies.
(And lest I be labeled as a casual Cougar, I do need you to know that I DID have my Blue CougarGear T-shirt on right up until before this picture was taken.)
And my friends in this picture? NOT casual Cougars:
Look at my Dad. This is serious business: Noise reducing headphones so he can listen to Greg Rubell call the plays on KSL Radio, while watching the game, without any periphery distractions. Binoculars. Sunglasses and hat on his person. Properly snuck-into-the-stadium candy bars in his pockets (not pictured). Prepared just like an Eagle Scout Scoutmaster (3 times over) should be.
Curt. He knows all of the rankings before they are even announced, and duly texts one and all so we Cougars know where we stand. (Though Tim likes to look this information up for himself. Fingers tapping. Heart racing. He opens the ESPN College Football webpage like it's a Christmas present.)
Allison. She actually understands the dang game! And can discuss the plays with her husband!
My cousin Justin. He's total Cougar. He and his family bought my twin brothers, Clint and Corey, Fully Invested T-shirts, and sent them to to Italy and France so they were vested, even overseas.
Tim. In our budget, "Cougar Gear" for every member of our family is in the 'mandatory' spending category, and not the 'discretionary'. Tim and his dad watch the game live at the stadium, and then they go home and watch it again on DVR/VHS! Again! Just what they saw! (At least that's what the tradition has been all of Tim's life. And he LOVES it.) I guess I have to accept this since I watch my So You Think You Can Dance and Drill dances over and over and over. Oh yeah, let's not mention my Celine Dion DVDs. But they just bring me sheer JOY. Is this how Tim feels about his football?
And me. My blood runs blue. And the rivalry with the Utes is in my bones. Wait, my bone marrow. No, my bone marrow's marrow. I gotta have a win.
And those two guys standing in the back? Don't have any idea who they are.
Go Cougars!!
Win!!
And then let me have my Saturdays, and my husband, back.






1 comments:
You look great in these pics! Was this last year? Your hair is a little longer! Yes yes GO COUGS!! We are NOT casual in our household either! Do you guys have season ticks to the home games?
Post a Comment