Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bet you thought you knew me...




Did you know I have a seriously intense and somewhat dangerous Celine Dion obsession? No, most of you did not. Unless you knew me when I was a wee teen, when it all started. This sounds so bad, I know, but let me tell you a little bit of how far this obsession goes:

For YEARS I wouldn't talk about my love for Celine, because to even talk about it would be blasphemous because words could not do justice for how deep my eternal love for Celine, the person, really was. When I went on my mission, I vowed to calm down in my obsession, but my love still runs deep and eternal.



Still, I feel the words do a disjustice for the deep obsession, but let me give you some examples:

* I have every single song Celine ever recorded, that includes French, Japanese, Italian, Spanish. That's right. 257 songs, 18.7 hours. And I can sing along to them ALL. Every last one. (It would be entertaining for you to hear me sing in Japanese, I know.)

* I have watched her concert DVDs/Videos/and every time she's been on TV hundreds and hundreds of times, over and over. I have a whole library that is frequented more than I care to say.

* I have been a member of TeamCeline for a while, and I know all the important dates and facts about her life and family.



* I have given Celine a Book of Mormon, with my testimony inside, and have dreamt I have shared the gospel with her several times.

* Every family vacation to Lake Powell was complete with Celine Dion on the ski boat stereo 24/7. My brothers say they forgive me now.

* Whenever a new song comes out, my dear friend Aubrey (fellow accomplice in this obsession)and I listen to all of her songs in chronological order up to the present. We then go to the store at midnight to purchase the CD.



* We also listen to the chronological song playback before we go to her concerts. I have been to Celine's show in Vegas three times, and next week will be with her, tenth row, in Salt Lake as part of her world tour. Once I was fifth row at the Vegas concert, and when she sang, If I Could, she was literally five feet away from me. VERY surreal.

*I literally squeal, jump in the air, and cry listening to her music. Trent, from the womb, knew her music well from car rides of Celine on full blast, and once when he wouldn't settle down only the sound of me singing Celine calmed him. (Oh boy, this is getting bad...)

* I used to celebrate her birthday every year. (Cringe...really bad.)



* Pretty much every boyfriend I ever had, the one thing they tell me when they see me, is that whenever they hear Celine, they always remember me.

* Tim had to limit the number of Celine songs we put on our wedding video and wedding dinner CD favor. He just couldn't have half the songs be Celine.

* And oh yes, I've got paraphernalia.


I could go on and on and on...I really think I've made you sick by now.

But truly, this post did pittance to the depth of it all. If you only really knew...

I am trying to be better. I am being a little better. But in TEN DAYS, there she will be in front of me again. And it will be fabulous!

Thanks dad for coming, to pick me up when I fall.

6 comments:

Kristen Duarte said...

Candice,
YES! I did know about your obession with Celine but I'll admit I was surprised about the Japanese songs:) Have fun at the concert!

Aubrey said...

This post could have easily been written by me. Maybe I'll copy and paste it into my own blog. :) I am WAY excited to see her next Friday too!!! Monday will begin the intense chronological Celine music week.

Timothy said...

You have been looking forward to this for so long, I am sorry that the concert didn't work out the way you dreamed. I hope you can find a way to still fulfill your dream of seeing her on tour. I love you Candice. -Timothy

Unknown said...

I was let in this secret when when we went to Nationals for our yahoo campaign. I thought Celine was your middle name because you had it on your caboodle.

Life with the Warrens said...

holy crud i can't stop laughing! i was thinking of you when i saw her commercial for her concert. way to go celine-in-the-making. the funny part was the missionary dreams of teaching her the gospel. i nearly split at the seams on that one! i truly will never understand your passion for this one lady.

Em said...

What? Didn't you get to see her? I don't get Timothy's post.

The fact that I found out about your love for Ms. Dion ON the mission says something, I think.

But I really had no idea.

This love runs deep.