Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter 2012!

Oh how I loved Easter this year. I think it was because Tim and I spoke in Sacrament meeting on Easter Sunday and so my mind was focused on the The Resurrection, my topic, and pondering it's glory and importance all week. I wanted to focus on Christ a lot more and we really didn't do much with the Easter Bunny. We had the Easter Bunny hide our eggs outside, but mom and dad gave the kids their clothes and treats and baskets in celebration of Jesus' resurrection.

Tim and I love our ward and felt the Spirit as we spoke about our Savior. It was a great Easter. It was hard to explain to a two- and four-year-old the story of Christ's life, death, and resurrection. We love telling the story every year from the eggs Grandma Tagge gave us. There is an object in each egg about the resurrection, and then in the 12th egg, the egg is empty - to signify the empty tomb. Our favorite egg. I love it. It is so special. 

We are so grateful for our Savior's birth, atonement, and resurrection and that we will all one day live again and be able to hug each other again!

The easter bunny hid our eggs in the backyard and we went out in our new Easter pajamas to find them.





Some were in the playhouse.


See how Hadley has her Hello Kitty purse everywhere she goes.



The easter bunny even put an egg up high and Trent had to strain to find it then climb to get it.





Trent's last two eggs were inside his chair's cupholder!


So fun.


As tradition from the Maw family, we had Egg Fights in the morning to see who had the strongest egg.

1…2…3!!! Fight!


Tim's egg that said, "Daddy loves Mom" won every single fight!! I knew it would.

Daddy is showing Hadley how to hold her egg for the egg fight.

"1…2…"

Hadley is looking at her egg and saw that it cracked in the fight with Daddy's egg.



Now Trent's turn to fight Daddy.

Daddy won again!

The winners!

After church, we put balloons inside the tramp net and bounced around with them.



It was a gorgeous easter day.

Here Hadley is holding her Peep! This little peep is a stuffed animal peep shaped like the easter marshmallow. She loves to carry it around! Daddy loves it too!


Happy Easter!

0 comments: