Monday, August 8, 2011

Tim's Garden 2011

Combining the two hobbies: Candice taking pictures of Tim's garden! A good deal, eh?

This is a CAULIFLOWER from Tim's garden! Pretty impressive huh!
The path to Tim's Garden. It is a stake garden full of many members of our church from the community, and even some who do not attend or aren't members. It is actually a super cool feeling to go to the garden and see how much people love to take care of their earth and grow things, people coming together in a common hobby.
I bought Tim this little birdhouse for Easter so that he could mark his garden with it. It looks so little now!
Corn, and marigolds to keep the bad bugs away (pickle worms, aphids, leafhoppers, spider mites, harlequin bugs, imported cabbage bugs, and many other insects) and bring the good bees in. 
Squash
Onion Rows
The kids were being so good for us! I think it's because we weren't really paying attention to them. They were free to play in the dirt as they wanted!
A first pepper
Tim's cucumber trellis
A first tomato. Pretty sweet huh!
This is a celery plant that germinated from the Celery Seed we have in a spice rack! Tim planted it for fun but was really surprised it germinated because celery is supposed to be really hard to grow! Spice rack!
Happy, happy kids!
Tim really dislikes Cilantro. In fact, it's hard for him to smell it in the kitchen. But he grew some for me!!! Fresh cilantro from the garden whenever I want? I am obsessed with Cilantro! When I go to Cafe Rio, I want equal parts lettuce and cilantro in my salad, por favor!
A wide view of Tim's garden, he's holding one of his Anaheim Chilis for the San Francisco Melt sandwiches we like at the BYU Sports grill.
Sadly this is dirt, not oreo cookies. Man I must be hungry.

Tim was pretty excited because Miranda was asking Tim all about his garden. Just like photography for me, Tim loves to talk about gardens and gardening and could go on and on. We love to teach and share.
Zanahoria! (Carrots!)
Still happy kids!
Beets
Strawberries. Second try because the bare root from Walmart did NOT grow one bit!
Pumpkins. They struggled for a while because Tim transplanted them, but now they are doing better.
Thanks for stopping by!

As you walk out of the garden, one of the members planted a little wild flower garden. It is beautiful.
I wanted to throw in some pictures of Roo and i and the kids. Roo slept over for a few nights and it was lovely to have her. In fact, we would really like her to move in. She is the third parent we would really like to keep around! She loves the kids and they love to have her.

1 comments:

Aubrey said...

I love your garden. I feel inspired.