Monday, August 29, 2011

A Gift In My Life: La Familia Herrera Garcia


Today it is my privilege to share with you some photos of one of the biggest blessings in my life: to know and associate with la familia Herrera Garcia de Merida Venezuela.
There are no words to describe the inadequacy I feel for knowing and having these people in my life. It seems trite to try to put it into words, and so I must simply quote some words my Grandmother Maw shares in her personal history, "As Elder Joseph Fielding Smith had said, only in the mission field would we find such dear friends and have such marvelous experiences, and it was so."
La Familia Herrera Garcia visited me a few weeks ago here in Utah. It was my privilege to share a few days with them, feel of their spirits and faith, learn from them, be inspired by their examples, and feel such joy that my spirit could not behold it. If I can spend the rest of eternity near these people, I will consider myself blessed beyond what I deserve and beyond a joy that I can comprehend. I love them with all of my heart and would do anything in the world for them, as they did for me when I walked in their land.

This was the first time in five years the family had been together, for their son left on a mission, then shortly after the parents left to be mission presidents, then later their daughter left on a mission.




Familia Herrera Garcia,
Son mi familia. Son mis hermanas y hermanos. Han metido tu hoz en la obra que yo amo también. Mi corazón es lleno de gratitud. Les quiero con todo mi corazón y haría todo el en mundo por ustedes que podría por toda la vida, como hicieron por mi en la misión. 
Les quiero con un amor eterno por toda la eternidad,
Con mucho amor y gratitud a mi padre por tenerles como conocidos y familia en mi vida mortal,
Siempre Su Hermana Calder

1 comments:

alli said...

How wonderful! The photos are absolutely amazing. The second 'couple' photo captures well their love and joy. I love the coloration. Thanks for sharing!