Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wow.


This little son of ours has been "wow"-ing us. Especially lately. Yesterday he was singing a little tune in a minor key. A little, creepy tune.

"Trust...Me...Trust...Me..."

A few weeks ago we watched Jungle Book. We've seen it once. But this was the tune:

Mr. Snake singing, "Trust in me, Just in me, Close your eyes, and Trust in me."

Yep. That's what Trent was singing. Exactly to the tune.

I felt like my eyes should start turning into hypnotic spirals so that I could seduce him into taking his nap that day.

Later that night while playing he started singing again.

"Lead me. Guide me. Walk sea-side see. Lead me. Guide me. Walk sea-side see."

I think you might know that one.

I plan to go to the sea soon so I can meet his request.

Tim and I have sung that one to him just a handful of times.

Makes me wonder how long he's known these songs and words but hasn't been able to physically voice it until now.

He is talking so well and can name so many pictures in his picture book that I think we've told him the name to only once. It is astounding! We're sure every parent has these moments, but oh what fun it is to have it happen to us. We think he's a little smarty pants.

6 comments:

[Morgan] said...

ah! i love it. it's so much fun to hear toddlers sing! ha ha. i agree with you, what do they say inside their heads that they can't actually verbalize?!

just today jonas was singing "oh girls just want to have gu-um. oh girls just want to have gum." and "merrily merrily merrily merrily life is on the street." he he he.

i can't believe trent is SO big. where does the time go?!!!

Aubrey said...

That's so endearing! I think little children are a lot smarter than we give them credit for.

Gina said...

I totally know what you mean. We think Rowan is the smartest kid in the world. Sometimes he freaks us out with his memory. I always wonder what he is taking in to share at the least appropriate time.

Bryan and Nancy said...

So cute! They learn soooo fast. I have to be careful of what I say and what I do! Bet you are doing the same! Missing you!!!

Alicia said...

Hey lady!

When I first scrolled over this entry and saw the picture with a title of "Wow", I was pretty sure you were going to say that Trent had set that beautiful table. :)

Glad to hear that he's taking after his smart momma!

Miss you guys,
Alicia

Meradith said...

Isn't it phenomenal literally watching your child's brain develop right before your eyes?? I love it so much. haha loved the spiral eyes visual. That was a good one.

Speaking of creepy little minor key songs, have you thought about how creepy "Follow the prophet" is from primary? Sing it in your head. The tune is creepy. Sounds like Nazis should have marched to it while singing it or something. I'm not calling Hitler a prophet. Hitler was an evil, evil man. But you get my point.