Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Realizations



Aren't you thankful for those moments, those moments of realizations in your life when you can't keep the tears from coming, and you wonder if you are the only one that tears up at 1:21 pm just because you are looking at your offspring and realizing. Today I spent some valuable hours trying to perfect my cookie baking skills. Thanks to my cousin Emily I am a lot closer than I was yesterday. My iPod was on random. Emily ran to tennis practice and I was on my own with my little one. I did way too many dishes, by hand, and the songs on random kept coming. I danced my heart out for my son to Step Up, sang my soul through to a Kenny Loggins lullaby, cried my way through a song I used to listen to on my mission, and pondered throughout a conference talk. My son, my one man audience, thought I was the best dancer, singer, and mother ever. And then the realization. I have a kitchen. Period. Then a kitchen full of so many gadgets it takes three songs to clean them all. A home. Flour and sugar. MUSIC. And my family. I can dance at will, and it is wonderful. I am truly blessed. And that is something to tear up about.

10 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

Yep, sounds like something I would do..and would tear up about! Cute little kiddos that make life worth everything!

Natalie Sue said...

P.S..I want to see pics of your house!

MEG said...

Oh Candice he's ADORABLE! It's the first picture I've seen of him since the hospital one! I love his hair and blue eyes!

I'm with you on the emo moments thing - the other day I thought about when Axton will be old enough to tell me that he loves me and I cried.

Then I cried when Michael Phelps won his 8th gold medal - I'm such a nerd.

I'm glad you invited me to your blog! I'm so excited to be able to catch up on what you've been doing for the past few months!

Lindsay & Josh said...

What can I say to your wonderful thoughts....amen...ditto. I love you hermanita and I'm so glad you have such a perfect, adorable son!

Meradith said...

Ok So I am so truly sorry for leaving you hangin! I have been a HUGE slacker, have barely even touched my computer for the last few days. Did you get it figured out the way you want it?? If not let me know. I feel like I totally failed you. Forgive me. :) and yes those moments are the absolute best. The spirit reminds us of everything we've been given. It's ridiculous how much we take for granted and I am constantly apologizing to Heavenly Father for it. We have no idea how good we have it.

Life with the Warrens said...

Holy Cuteness batman, trent is adorable. why am i still in california missing out on his sweet face and, i am sure, is amazing personality?? this is a good question. soon i will come and visit. i don't know when but soon!

Timothy said...

Candice - You are an amazing wife and mother. I am so blessed to be your husband. Thank you for sharing such special moments with us all. I love that cute little bundle of ours, he is the best! I love you Candice!

[Morgan] said...

amen sista.
you are amazing. and so is that adorable boy of yours. and so are your cookies. and so are your dancing skills, of that i am sure.
i could go on.
sure miss you guys around these parts!

Em said...

"I have a kitchen." That's so profound! :) I miss you! Great post!

What was the song from the mish? I read part of my mission journal last week and was laughing so hard I thought I'd die.

[Morgan] said...

oh my. i could look at that new picture of the three of you all day. so so cute.