Hadley will soon be four.
Lately we have been watching Wreck It Ralph a lot! On that show, a "glitch" is something you don't want to be. It is very sad and people are mean to you.
We are driving down the road and Hadley slices the air as she swipes her hand across in front of her and proclaims,
"Mom! I am never, ever, ever a glitch! Don't ever ever ever say I am a glitch. Okay?"
Uncontrollable adorableness right there.
This morning, Hadley said, "Mom! I love our Ainsley so much! I love our baby!!!…
I don't ever want to get any other baby! Just have our Ainsley forever!"
Hadley is in love with the crossed arm pose. She always does it. Not sure why.
This week, our ward is living off of the food storage we already have in our home. (Luckily we had done two huge grocery trips that Saturday before the surprise announcement in Sacrament Meeting. So it's not gonna be too rough for us.)
In Family Night, we explained to the kids that we would need to ration the milk because the Bishop asked us not to shop for seven days. The kids always getting themselves cereal in the morning, and usually using too much milk, instigated this announcement. And a teaching moment of course.
Sometimes I have to tell the kids we can't make our breakfast shake, or we have to have a little milk with our cereal. And I couldn't make cookies for family night that week because we wouldn't be able to drink milk with it.
This morning, Hadley said the prayer for breakfast:
"And please bless that we can buy milk when the Bishop says we can go shopping again."
Sigh. She busts us up.
Hadley has a new short bob haircut because her untrained mother should never have picked up the scissors to apply a simple trim. I'm surprised she's made it through almost four years of life without cutting her own hair herself. Luckily, she has never complained. She's darn cute.
That's our Haddles.












0 comments:
Post a Comment