Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Preparations

I fall in love with our tree every year, and it always ends in separation anxiety when Christmas is over. Tim hung our Christmas stocking again this year and I love it. The gorgeous poinsettia was a gift from a kind friend.

We've had this snowflake ornament since we were married in 2005. It was an adornment on a wedding gift and sparkled so much that we decided to make it the culmination of our tree. I love having it at the top every year.

A tradition to see. As I get older, the more I appreciate our Savior in my life. As I was listening to the nativity on Temple Square last night, I realized, 'As we get older we either realize more and more how important Christ is to us, or we let Christ fall more and more away from our heart. Which are we doing?'

I loved how symbolic it was that the light of Christ was reflecting on the faces of my family. I tried to capture it here.

This artist is amazing with light. I think this is the original painting from Carl Bloch.











I LOVE Christmas.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Your photos really capture the spirit of Christmas. First, love your tree! It looks a mile high. And I too love Christmas and the special spirit it brings every year.

Life with the Warrens said...

absolutely beautiful!

Meradith said...

Love the pics Candice! Hope your Christmas was wonderful and oh so merry! Love you guys!