Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I surprised myself when I helplessly broke down in tears today. This January 20th, 2009. A few minutes after twelve noon, Eastern time.

Tears of fear. Sincerely.


President Obama,
You have been blessed with the gift of speech. Please remember, your actions speak louder than your words.

I pray that the Light of Christ once placed within you can still be heard and if so, that you will heed. That you will conserve this Promised Land and not act in ways that seek to deter it from its preparation for the Second Coming of our Savior, the Perfect Governor who will surely come.

I must and will respect your office. And for you I will pray. Because I have to hope.

3 comments:

Meradith said...

I hope Mr. Obama happens to be a follower of your blog. This letter would move me to humility if I were him. Yes Candice, we have to hope! We will hope together! As we discussed, we know the world has to get worse before it gets better. Ugh. PS and I so agree with you on your batch theory. Ingenious.

Natalie Sue said...

Amen.

Life with the Warrens said...

oh hell that inauguration was a freakin joke! did you see all the pimps and hoes in attendance. wow america you went all out on that day! i loved the rhyming benediction.